I run private glass fusing classes for 1 to 6 people in Worcester. A one-off taster lesson is suitable for people who want to try a new craft, learn the basic techniques of making glass which might lead to a new hobby but we can easily adapt the class if you are not a beginner and I often hold mixed ability classes. You can either come on your own for 1-1 tuition or in your own private group. I have also taught Art students who have submitted pieces for their GCSE Art portfolio (but you REALLY don't need to be artistic to do the class!). Bring a friend (or a few!) - it is great to have others to bounce ideas off and you get to share the experience together and create new memories. Craft workshops are a great gift idea for someone who enjoys trying new activities (you can buy a gift voucher and the recipient then arranges a date to suit them).
- 1-1 or 1-2 (1-3 etc) private tuition (9+ years old (U16 accompanied by paying adult)) can be arranged at a time to suit you throughout the year (most weekday daytime or evenings and limited weekend slots available).
- A taster class is 1.5 hours but longer classes are also available up to a whole day (please ask for prices for longer sessions). You can choose to make a piece of jewellery/keyring, a sun-catcher or coaster, Christmas decorations, cocktail stirrers etc. Approximately 2-3 items (including 1 large item) can be made in the 1.5 hour taster class, depending on complexity. Your pieces will be ready to collect in 1-2 weeks. (Postage can be arranged)
- Cost for a 1.5 hour private glass fusion taster class: £70 for 1 person, £110 for 2 people, £145 for 3, £180 for 4, £225 for 5 or £255 for 6 people booking together and will include the glass materials and inclusions, fixing of jewellery bails and the firing of your pieces.
- The workshop is equipped with a large range of coloured glass in different sizes and formats, various inclusions like glitter, bubbles and metal, kiln fibre and jewellery fixings, tools and an electric kiln.
- It is helpful to bring an idea of what you might like to have a go at making - Pinterest is really useful for ideas. If you have a particular project you want to try out (e.g. sun-catcher or coaster) then we can discuss how you can achieve that in the time available. I have plenty of examples to inspire!
REVIEWS: Many reviews of my classes can be read here.
Multiple classes: If you've tried my taster class for beginners and want to do more, you can book a series of classes at a reduced rate.
Terms and Conditions and cancellation policy etc.